- These have been moved to a separate page: Connecticut
- These have been moved to a separate page: State Water Plans
- Water Services Act (Act 108 of 1997) (36 pages)
- National Water Act (Act 36 of 1998) (94 pages)\, http://www.dwaf.gov.za/Documents/Legislature/nw_act/NWA.pdf
- Short Discussion of problems with South African water act.
Schreiner, B. 2013. Viewpoint -Why has the South African national water act been so difficult to implement? Water Alternatives 6(2): 239-245
- Statewide Water Resources Planning: A Nine-State Study
- “Stationarity is Dead: Whither Water Management?” Science 319 (5863):573-574.
- “The Global Dimension of Water Governance: Why the River Basin Approach is No Longer Sufficient and Why Cooperative Action at Global Level Is Needed.” Water 3(1):26.
- “Managing Water: Governance Innovations to Enhance Coordination. Resources for the Future.” Scarlett, L. (2012) Resources for the Future. Washington, DC, Resources for the Future. Issue Brief 12-04