This page contains the work products of the “Other States’ Water Plans Workgroup” of the Connecticut Water Planning Council Advisory Group.
- Revised Model Table of Contents: September 17, 2015
- Final Report: June 5, 2015
- Summaries of Other State Plans
- Report To the Water Planning Council, May 5, 2015
- State Detailed Evaluations
- Evaluation Framework for Plans (Blank)
Revised Model Table of Contents – September 17, 2015:
Report Final Draft: June 05, 2015
Report Text Document:
Report Supplemental Materials Document:
|Research Topic||Contributors||File Link|
Other State Plan Summaries
Sample Blank Plan Evaluation Form
- 2015-05-05 Report to the Water Planning Council WPCAG_OSPW_Report_20150505_MP_PAB
- 2015-04-13 MeetingNotes_20150413
- 2015-03-30 MeetingNotes_20150330
- 2015-03-10 MeetingNotes_031015_CF
- 2015-01-28 WPCAGOS_MeetingNotes_20150128_CK
- 2014-12-16 12.16.14 Meeting Summary
- 2014-11-18 Mtg20141118_Notes_Rev1125
- Comparison of Groundwater Rights in the United States: Lessons for Texas GroundwaterRights.pdf
- The Georgia Study: http://southeastaquatics.net/resources/pdfs/state%20water%20management%20plan%20review_kundell%20et%20al%202005.pdf
- The Tennessee Study: http://www.tn.gov/tacir/PDF_
Detailed State Water Plan Evaluations
Evaluation Framework ( as of November 24, 2014)
The framework in this document was developed based on discussions and comments submitted by workgroup members.
REVIEWERS: You may not be able to answer every question. This framework is mainly intended to guide your investigation and help you share what you find in a way that will make it easy to compare to the information that other reviewers find for their states. Please type your answers in the space provided.
The “Other States” study group is now an official workgroup of the CT Water Planning Council Advisory Group. While we will not be keeping formal minutes, we will publish informal meeting notes.
2014-10-31 “Other States” Study Group Meeting Notes
At the October 31, 2014 meeting, James Hurd (CTIWR) presented a draft evaluation matrix that he had started and partially populated prior to our meeting. The attendees also brainstormed a list of potential questions that might be included in an evaluation framework. These documents are presented below:
Georgia and Tennessee have conducted reviews of state water plans, and it has been suggested that this workgroup consider whether the language and frameworks used might be appropriate for this workgroup’s evaluation (see References below.)
Based on prior knowledge of the attendees, 13 state plans were selected and members volunteered to read through two each in preparation for the November 18, 2014 meeting. After the October 31 meeting, additional states were suggested based on a study conducted by the state of Tennessee. These have been added to the list. As additional people join this workgroup and volunteer to read plans, their names will be added. Some materials for these states can be found on this web site’s State Water Plans page (here).
Some materials for other state water plans can be found on this web site’s State Water Plans page (here).
Groundwater Law. The state of Texas conducted a review of groundwater law, summarized in the report below (thanks, Bruce Wittchen for the document).
Georgia and Tennessee have conducted reviews of state water plans, and it has been suggested that this workgroup consider whether the language and frameworks used might be appropriate for this workgroup’s evaluation.